Govind Pansare Murder Case: Sanatan Sanstha main suspect, family appeals in High Court

The court took cognizance of it and ordered the Pansare family to file an additional statement in this regard with the ATS by June 25

Govind Pansare Murder Case: Sanatan Sanstha main suspect, family appeals in High Court
SHARES

The Pansare family reiterated in the High Court on Wednesday that the Sanatan Sanstha was the prime suspect in the murder of Co Govind Pansare. Taking cognizance of this, the court ordered that the State Terrorist Squad (ATS) investigating the case should file a statement and the investigating agency should investigate the allegations and submit a report in this regard.


The above allegation was made on behalf of the Pansare family during the hearing before the bench of Justice Ajay Gadkari and Justice Neela Gokhale. On this, the Special Investigation Team (SIT), which had earlier investigated the case, had also investigated the allegation, advocate Ashok Mundargi told the court on behalf of the government. But, Sanatan Sanstha is the main suspect in this case and a national level political leader is also involved. Advocate Abhay Nevegi told the court on behalf of Pansare Kutubiya that the leader's name was mentioned in the meeting held with the Home Department.


Also Read: BMC Roadwork Or Robbery? Thieves Dig Up Footpath In Dadar; Steal Copper Cables Worth Lakhs


On that, why was this additional information not given to the investigating agency? This was asked by the bench. On that, this information was given to the SIT. However, the Pansare family told the court that the case is currently being investigated by the ATS. The court took cognizance of it and ordered the Pansare family to file an additional statement in this regard with the ATS by June 25. Thereafter, the ATS should submit a report on this claim of the petitioners, the court explained.

RELATED TOPICS
MumbaiLive would like to send you latest news updates