Advertisement

'Late, but a wise decision,' says Pravin Darekar on MVA govt's decision to reopen temples

Several leaders from the opposition had put pressure on the ruling Mahavikas Aghadi (MVA) government, however, the CM did not succumb to this pressure and upheld his decision until recently. Temples reopened across Maharashtra from November 16, 2020.

'Late, but a wise decision,' says Pravin Darekar on MVA govt's decision to reopen temples
SHARES

Uddhav Thackeray-led government recently decided to open religious places across the state, and the same was implemented from Monday, November 16, 2020. Sharing his thought, the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Praveen Darekar, said that this decision was a wise move taken by the government.

Adding more to the statement, he said that though it is late, the government has taken a fair decision finally to reopen religious places under the pressure of lakhs of devotees and people dependant on the same. Moreover, it would also help businessmen and pro-Hindu activists. He further stated that the decision could have been taken much in advance, as markers, malls, restaurants, gyms, etc were reopened, and keeping this in mind, there was no need to keep the temples and religious places closed. 

Besides the protests and requests from Warkari sect or members following the Hindutva ideology, BJP was always demanding the government to start religious places, however, the government was not taking decisions only out of ego. But we welcome this late decision of the government, and we are sure it will help the devotees worship their gods and goddesses by following all the rule amidst the COVID19 crisis. Moreover, it will also help several traders start earning again. 

Meanwhile, the government has issued new guidelines for people to follow while visiting the temples and has asked the authorities to ensure there is no crowding at the halls, as this would protect everyone. Visitors will have to ensure they remove their footwear outside the temple and don't forget to wear a mask.

Religious places in the state have been closed for the last 7-8 months due to the lockdown imposed in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak. Although the government unlocked various services and activities under the 'Mission Begin Again' initiative, religious sites have remained closed so far. Several leaders from the opposition had put pressure on the ruling Mahavikas Aghadi (MVA) government, however, the CM did not succumb to this pressure and upheld his decision.

Read this story in मराठी
RELATED TOPICS
MumbaiLive would like to send you latest news updates